Wednesday, February 27, 2008

AHHHH... I hate these kind of moments

I just had one of those mom moments that as a mom you hate... I just had a major freak out and of course it would be on the one person that I love the most and would never want to hurt. I would be irate if I ever saw someone act the same to my son. Yep I just flipped out on Blake my little treasure!! Something just came over me and it was like I couldn't control it anymore. Why you might be wondering... well it was all because he was crying because Bailey (the dog) was chewing and taking away his ball. Not a big deal for any day other than today. I have not had one of those rage moments in a LONG time. After sending him to his room, Kylee then starts crying because Blake left her OMG!! After a calm moment and a panicked prayer I called him out and how humbling and insightful this moment was, to see his little chest well up when I talked about how much mommy yelling must have hurt his heart, it just simply broke my heart. His little chin quivered every time that I said sorry. I have never loved him more. After I asked him to pray for me and he walked away, I pondered what the H*** happened? Well I realized that I have not prayed or relaxed or had a quite moment to myself (which I always start off my day with a simple prayer, at least). I just asked the Lord for strength and I felt relief and peace for once today!! And now they are ALL having "quite time" and what could be more glorious than that?

Just wanted to share with you my major flop today!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to see how normal you are!!!! We all have those moments (sometimes more than others) but thanks for being so honest and I love how you followed through and talked to him about what happend. What a great mommmy and now sweat he won't even remember that it happend tomorrow, that's the great thing about kids they forgive so easily....now is we could just do that as adults hmmmm Love ya