Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A little down today!!

So I am a little down today. Why? Well.... I just know that we are supposed to home school Blake and I know that I know this is the right thing for him but it's soo hard to not let the people around you that are not so supportive get to you.

Blake is getting teased at school for the past 3 weeks because of his speech and one little boy actually made fun of him in front of me and was laughing at him. OMG!! Come here you little kid and let me show you how it feels when someone puts you down!! So as a mom being protective Blake didn't want to go to school today and I am OK with that. Tomorrow he will go but today he can stay home and be loved on by his family.

I know and understand that homeschooling isn't for everyone, I used to think no way could I ever do that until I discovered the Classical Academy. This place partners with you in homeschooling and Blake will attend a full day of regular school one day a week. So I know that some think how can I be qualified to teach my son when it takes teachers 4 years or longer of schooling to be qualified, well I don't have the answers for you all I know is that they obviously set you up for success since the school has one of the highest test scores in San Diego county. So I know that for this year for Blake I will home school and I really pray for a little acceptance. I am not oblivious to the fact that it will take a lot of work and time, that's OK with me I have all my life for me time after the kids are out of the house.

So all that to say I know that I am making the right decision and I don't think anything can make me change my mind at this point. Please be supportive. I fully think that this is an individual decision and that it's not right for everyone, I am not sure how long I will even do it for time will tell. I am excited about it and it's something that I would choose for my son even if something else opened up at this point, this isn't a second option anymore.

Please know that the tone of this post is not of harshness or ridicule towards anyone that may not agree, I am just feeling lonely and sad at the lack of support that I have been feeling this past week. I have amazing people in my life that support me 100% in any decision that I make and I know that I need to be leaning on them right now!! All this to say that I am sad at some of the mean things that are being said to my son and as a mom I will protect him in any way that I can and give him what is best for him. He won't always have this speech problem so why scar him for something that is temporary? OK I am done!!



Now for a lighter note today is my weigh in Wednesday and I am at 166.2 so that is the lowest I have been since my Reset!! I am excited and happy that Disneyland didn't screw me up too bad. Hopefully next week I can report a even lower weight loss!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

congrats! And sorry about yoru sweet boy

Mike said...

My 2 teens are with Classical Academy and that school has been a blessing to us. My 3 youngers are also in a private home school and I wouldn't have it any other way. If you ever have any questions, I'm happy to help!